Asst. Prof. Dr. Fabien Loison
- 2006: Post Doctoral Fellow (Department of Lab Medicine), Children’s Hospital Boston – Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- 2001: Ph.D. (Cell Biology), University of Rennes 1, Rennes, FRANCE
- 2001: Recipient of a MENRT Ph.D. fellowship, The Ministry of Education, Research, and Technology
- 1999: Master (Biology and Health), University of Rennes 1, Rennes, FRANCE
- 1996: B.Sc. (Biology, Cellular Biology and Physiology), University of Rennes 1, Rennes, FRANCE
The goal of his research is to characterize the role of neutrophils in response to microbes and their involvement in immunopathogenesis, with a particular focus on South East Asia endemic pathogens. He is also interested in the basic biology of these cells, as well as finding new ways to modulate their functions and survival. His areas of expertise and research topics include neutrophil survival, inflammation, NETosis, and neutrophil heterogeneity.